Myrrh Essential Oil 10ml
Myrrh essential oil benefits include: anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and antiseptic qualities, prevents sunburn, and acts as an insect repellent. In addition, it is a powerful antioxidant, it keeps the skin young and supple, treats tooth and gum disease, is an expectorant, carminative, stimulant and a general immune booster.
Latin/Botanical Name: Commiphoramyrrha
Other Names: sweet cicely
Part of Plant Used: resin, sap
Place of Origin: Egypt, Somalia, Eritrea, Yemen, and Arabian Peninsular
The health benefits of Myrrh Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like anti microbial, astringent, expectorant, anti fungal, stimulant, carminative, stomachic, anti catarrhal, diaphoretic, vulnerary, antiseptic, immune booster, circulatory, tonic, anti inflammatory and anti spasmodic.
The essential oil of Myrrh is extracted from the resin of Myrrh. Myrrh, in scientific nomenclature system, is called Commiphora Myrrha and is a native to Egypt. While the resin was in use in incenses and perfumes in ancient Egypt, the oil obtained from it was used for healings wounds in ancient Greece. The main components of this essential are Alpha Pinene, Cadinene, Limonene, Cuminaldehyde, Eugenol, Cresol, Heerabolene, Acetic Acid, Formic Acid and Sesquiterpenes.
Apart from being very reputed oil in the field of aromatherapy, it has plenty of medicinal uses too. These are:
* Anti Microbial and Anti Viral: This does not let microbes grow or infect you. It can be used against any ailment resulting from microbial infection, such as fever, food poisoning, cough & cold, mumps, measles, pox and infections on wounds. It has no adverse side effects unlike other antibiotics, such as weakening of liver, malfunctioning of digestion etc.
* Astringent: Myrrh Essential Oil is an astringent. It strengthens hold of gums on teeth, contracts skin, muscles, intestines and other internal organs. It also affirms grip of scalp on hair roots, thereby preventing hair fall. One more serious use of this property can be seen in stopping haemorrhage, when this astringency makes the blood vessels to contract and checks flow of blood.
* Expectorant: Good against cough and cold. It fights the viral infections which give cough & cold as well as relieves congestion and eases deposition of phlegm in the lungs and respiratory tracts.
* Anti Fungal: It acts as a fungicide too. It can be used internally and externally to fight fungal infection.
* Stimulant: Myrrh Essential Oil stimulates thoughts, blood circulation, digestion, secretions, nerves and excretion. It stimulates pumping action of heart, secretion of digestive juices and bile into the stomach and keeps you alert and active by stimulating the brain and the nervous system.
* Carminative: Helps relieve you of those gases which often put you in embarrassing situations in public and cost heavy on your health by stealing your appetite, slowing down digestion, giving you stomachaches and headaches and sometimes chest pains too and by raising you blood pressure.
* Stomachic: Myrrh Oil is beneficial for all-round health of your stomach.
* Anti Catarrhal: This property of Myrrh Essential Oil relieves you of excess mucus and phlegm and troubles associated with it such as congestion, breathing trouble, heaviness in chest, coughs etc.
* Diaphoretic: It increases sweats and keeps you free from toxins, extra salts and excess water of your body. Sweating also cleans the skin-pores and helps the harmful gases like nitrogen escape.
* Vulnerary: This property of Myrrh Essential Oil protects wounds from infections and makes them heal quicker.
* Anti Septic: You need not be afraid of little cuts and wounds. This oil can take care of them and will not let them go septic, since it is an anti septic. It can protect you from tetanus too to some extent.
* Immune Booster: Myrrh Oil strengthens and activates the immune system and keeps you protected from infections.
* Circulatory: It stimulates blood circulation and ensures proper supply of oxygen to the tissues. This is good for attaining a proper metabolic rate as well as for boosting the immune system too. The better the blood reaches to the corners of your body, the better the nutrients and oxygen reach the body parts and they will function better and stay healthy.
* Tonic: This property is for a total good health. Being a tonic, Myrrh Oil tones up all the systems and organs in the body, gives them strength and protects them from aging and infections.
* Anti Inflammatory: It sedates inflammations in tissues in cases of fever or viral infections, in digestive system resulting from ingestion of too much of spices with food and in circulatory system when something inflammatory or toxic gets into the blood stream.
* Anti Spasmodic: It gives relief from unwanted contractions or spasms and thus from cramps, aches etc.
* Other Benefits: This oil is highly appreciated in aromatherapy as a sedative, anti depressant and as a promoter of spiritual feelings. This oil takes care of uterine health and stimulates it, helps fading away of scars and spots, is good in treating skin ailments, pyorrhea, diarrhea and skin diseases such as eczema, ringworm, itches etc. It is also emenagogue which means that it normalizes menstruations.
Few Words of Caution: It can have toxic effects if used in excess. It should be avoided by pregnant women since it stimulates uterus.
Blending: Frankincense, Lavender, Palma Rosa, Patchouli, Rosewood, Sandal Wood, Tea Tree and Thyme